A particularly fine 19th Century Arts and Crafts silver and green glass large Glug decanter, hallmarked William Hutton & Sons 1895. The beautiful specimen holds over 1.1 litres. A splendid and decorative addition to the home bar. Light wear externally commensurate with age.
William Hutton & Sons – were renowned English silversmiths founded in 1800. They also became platers having licensed the electroplating technique from Elkingtons. This gave them much early success.
This family business continued through the 19th Century, opening a London showroom in Holborn in 1863 which then moved to Farringdon Road in 1891, operating until 1918
They were recognised for the fine quality of their Arts & Crafts silverware items at the turn of the 19th/20th century, of which this decanter is a great example.
Please fill in the information below