This sensational set of Indian Colonial silver and mother of pearl cutlery is for 12 people and was crafted Circa 1890s by Bechtler and Sons Ltd, Allahabad.
Messrs. J. C. Bechtler Son & Co. was established in Allahabad by Mr. Jouquin Carl Bechtler, at first in a very small way, for the manufacture of jewellery and silverware, and was the first business of the kind to be established in India away from the Presidency towns. The business rapidly expanded, and in ten years' time had so far advanced that it was necessary to erect large and handsome premises with a frontage of 120 feet. The firm attained a deservedly high reputation in the manufacture of rings and jewellery of all descriptions, challenge-cups, shields, medals, and all kinds of sporting prizes, masonic jewellery, etc. In the year 1887 Messrs. Bechtler Son & Co. were appointed jewellers and silversmiths to His Honour the Lieutenant-Governor of the United Provinces.
Please fill in the information below